4 Reasons to Try CBD for Your Pets
CBD is for everyone—even your pets. But is it just a trend or are there actual benefits? For most of us, we love our pets more than anything, so it’s vital we’re giving them only the best. Here are four reasons pet owners are saying to try CBD for pets.
- Ease Anxiety: Many pets suffer from anxious tendencies and even separation anxiety. CBD can help to calm and relax dogs and cats.
- Manage and Relieve Pain: Accidents happen and with them, pain. For our beloved dogs and cats, CBD can help to manage and relieve their pain.
- Control Seizures: Unfortunately, some pets suffer from chronic seizures. CBD is believed to help ease epileptic symptoms and control seizures.
- Reduce Inflammation: A dog’s joints can take a toll either over time or due to excessive activity. CBD can help to relieve inflammation and boost recovery.
Of course, it is of the upmost importance to talk to your veterinarian before using pet-friendly CBD products.
Is CBD Safe for Dogs and Cats?
There are no current studies on how CBD affects dogs or cats. However, scientists do know that the cannabinoids within CBD interact with the brain’s receptors and the body’s nervous system to provide calming effects.1 It also has proven anti-inflammatory properties.2 Due to this research, pet owners believe CBD works for dogs and cats as well.
Additionally, the AKC Canine Health Foundation is sponsoring a study using CBD as a treatment for epileptic dogs and related symptoms, such as seizures, collapsing, jerking, stiffening, muscle twitching, loss of consciousness, and drooling.3
Buying CBD Products for Pets
Before rushing to the store to buy CBD for your pet, consider these crucial factors.
- Products should be organic and avoid pesticides, fungicides, solvents, and additives.
- Do not compromise quality for price.
- Purchase CBD that is certified, third party tested, and contains little to no THC.
- Try CBD oil, which is the most effective form of CBD, to control dosage.
How to Market CBD Products
If you’re looking to market CBD products, for humans or furry companions, contact Herban Creative. We can design and develop an e-commerce site, packaging, and a digital campaign that are as unique as your products.
- “Cannabidiol as a Potential Treatment for Anxiety Disorders” National Institute of Health, 4 September 2015, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4604171/
- “Antioxidative and Anti-Inflammatory Properties of Cannabidiol” National Institute of Health, 25 December 2019, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7023045/
- “Efficacy of Cannabidiol (CBD) for the Treatment of Canine Epilepsy” American Kennel Club Canine Health Foundation, https://www.akcchf.org/research/research-portfolio/2323.html